http://iurdsxm.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

EXCUSES...



Ever since Adam put the blame on God for having sent him Eve, who, according to Adam, led him to sin, man hasn’t stopped making excuses. Even Eve caught the same bug and put the blame on the serpent. From then
on a new norm was formed: every time you’re to blame, find someone or something to blame it on, instead of assuming the responsibility yourself.
All of us, without exceptions, suffer from this evil.
I cussed you out because you cussed me out first.
I don’t have a job because nobody has hired me.
I have to lose weight but the person cooking doesn’t help. 
I’m not going to church today because I worked so much this week.
If you changed first, I would follow.
I would do it, if I had the time. 
I want to quit this addiction, but I don’t have the strength. 
I could even try, but I don’t have good luck with these things.
It’s like they say: whoever wants to do something, does it, but whoever doesn’t just makes excuses.
The appeal of making excuses is the fact that it let’s you off the hook of sacrifice and frees you from responsibility. You wash your hands of something. “If I didn’t accomplish this or that it’s not my fault.”
But in reality that’s an illusion.
The only thing that excuses do is rob you of a better life.
The alternative: assume the responsibility for what you do. Understand that what you do, good or bad, will bring its own consequences. That’s why you should always think about the outcome, before you act.
So, go, act and remember no excuses.
Bp Renato Cardoso

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Video